Date:      Thu, 25 Mar 1999 01:04:29 -0500 (EST)
From:      Zippy <seth@freebie.dp.ny.frb.org>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@mat.net>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Who's maintaining the CTM tree?

Just found something curious in 0057.  Jordan mentioned that it might be
evidence of an inconsistency in the ctm deltas.  He also mentioned that he
didn't think ctm was being maintained.  (I'm very glad it is, as I cannot
use cvsup due to stringent firewall restrictions.  No, -P doesn't work for
me :))

Tell me everything's ok and I won't take his advice and reinstall from the
latest snapshots :)

The puzzling part, of course, is the version.  3.2-RELEASE?

Thanks,

SB

from release/texts/RELNOTES.txt:

                                RELEASE NOTES
                           FreeBSD Release 3.2-RELEASE

Welcome to 3.2-RELEASE, a full follow-on to the 3.1-RELEASE
released Feburary 1999 and which marked the beginning of the
3.0-STABLE branch.  In the 4 months since 3.1 was released, many
hundreds of bug fixes and general enhancements were made to the
system.  Please see relevant details below.

Any installation failures or crashes should be reported by using the
send-pr command (those preferring a WEB based interface can also see
http://www.freebsd.org/send-pr.html).

For information about FreeBSD and the layout of the 3.2-RELEASE
directory (especially if you're installing from floppies!), see
ABOUT.TXT.  For installation instructions, see the INSTALL.TXT and
HARDWARE.TXT files.

Table of contents:
1. What's new since 3.1-RELEASE