Date:      Wed, 24 Nov 1999 17:33:11 -0700
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        Bill Fumerola <billf@chc-chimes.com>, Vadim Belman <voland@plab.ku.dk>, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BSD based Debian...

Greg Lehey wrote:

> On Wednesday, 24 November 1999 at 13:28:52 -0500, Bill Fumerola wrote:
> >
> > Several people have told me that the 'John Goerzen' quoted here is an
> > idiot even amongst the Debian community.
>
> I don't think that 'even' was called for.  But yes, John G. doesn't
> seem to have many supporters even in the Debian community.

Debian does seem to attract the most rabid of the anti-commercial-software
crowd, so the 'even' might have been called for.  Most of the rest of the
commentary was far less negative, if you click all the way to the thread
display and poke around.

It's important to remember that some members of EVERY community suffer from
recto-cranial inversion, that doesn't mean it is appropriate to paint the
entire community with the idiot brush.  Imagine what people would think of
us if their entire view resulted from reading the current flamewar in
committers.