Date:      Tue, 24 Apr 2007 10:18:42 +0900 (JST)
From:      Hiroki Sato <hrs@FreeBSD.org>
To:        gabor@FreeBSD.org, brooks@FreeBSD.org, blackend@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        webmaster@FreeBSD.org, doceng@FreeBSD.org, doc@FreeBSD.org, www@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: RFC: putting our graphs onto the website

----Security_Multipart(Tue_Apr_24_10_18_42_2007_009)--

Marc Fonvieille <blackend@freebsd.org> wrote
  in <20070423183352.GB1060@gothic.blackend.org>:

bl> On Mon, Apr 23, 2007 at 12:44:21PM -0500, Brooks Davis wrote:
bl> >
bl> > Given that docproj includes TeX it's dependency list, complaining about
bl> > the weight of graphviz seems silly.
bl>
bl> The fact something is already heavy is not a reason to make it heavier.
bl> It's like telling that since the water is polluted we can add more
bl> pollution.

 Hmm, I agree with not making the port heavier.  The docproj's TeX
 dependency is one of what we want to remove, and keeping it small is
 always our goal.  graphviz is a powerful tool, but it needs X IIRC
 (docproj has a no X11 option).

 How about putting statically-generated graphs or pic graphs like ones
 in doc/share/images/articles/releng for the moment?  The
 mentor-mentee graph is not so complex, so it is not impossible, I
 think.  Adding the graphs looks great to me, but it does not always
 require the graphviz.