Date:      Wed, 28 Jun 2000 01:43:04 -0700
From:      "George W. Dinolt" <gdinolt@pacbell.net>
To:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bootstrapping perl ...

Mark:

Got through the buildworld with a recent cvsup. I am now running with
this "world". Many thanks.

I am not sure who is supposed to manage the fact that
/usr/ports/Mk/bsd.ports.mk doesn't yet know about perl-5.006.   One
appears to need to set PERL_VER and PERL_VERSION. I just added an ."if
{OSVERSION} >= 500006" , but this clearly isn't enough for people who
have yet to upgrade to the newest "current'. Does this mean that the
OSVERSION needs to be incremented to indicate the perl upgrade?

Isn't life wonderful. Solutions to problems always lead to new problems.

Regards, George Dinolt