Date:      Wed, 30 Apr 1997 00:08:08 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Bernie Doehner <bad@uhf.wireless.net>
Cc:        "Louis A. Mamakos" <louie@TransSys.COM>, multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Win TV

On Mon, 28 Apr 1997, Bernie Doehner wrote:

> Where???   Everwhere I looked they wanted $200-299.

The Model 402 (with the FM Tuner) is about that (actually more like $200).
I can get the 401's at the UO Bookstore for $115, but that is educational
discount.  I know you can get them <$150 at the big mailorder places given
on the Hauppauge homepage (www.hauppauge.com).

> Also, maybe you know of a good place that I can get a GUS MAX (PnP) from?
> I have been seeing them for around $120.

NOT from Gravis Direct!  I _paid_the_price_ for that one, literally :)
You should be able to find a good price from the usual big mailorder
places like PC Connection (www.pcconnection.com) and others. PCC will also
ship overnight for cheap :)  I don't know how much street price is, I
bought mine several months ago.