Date:      Mon, 25 Nov 1996 15:22:46 -0800
From:      Rob Ballantyne <ballanty@cs.sfu.ca>
To:        FreeBSD-hackers@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Device Driver Writing.

Hello All,

  I hope this isn't too much of an intrusion.  I was wondering if there
is a reasonable source of information about writing device drivers for
FreeBSD?  I have a couple of Device Driver books but they tend to be
about
SCO or other SysV style UNIXs.  Is there documentation for the FreeBSD
kernel's internal system calls (like what would occur in section 9 of
the
man pages)?

  Any help would be appreciated.

  Thanks,

Rob

| email: ballanty@cs.sfu.ca              |               |

| Center for Systems Science             |    -----------O-----------

| Simon Fraser University                |

| Burnaby, BC, CANADA    V5A 1S6         |