Date:      Thu, 25 Mar 1999 01:34:11 -0500 (EST)
From:      Zippy <seth@freebie.dp.ny.frb.org>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kkennawa@physics.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@mat.net>, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Who's maintaining the CTM tree?

I took this offline with Chuck Robey, but I'll repeat some of it here.

This was my first time using ctm, so I pulled the deltas from
ftp.freebsd.org:/pub/FreeBSD/CTM/src-3.

I was hoping that this was the 3.1-STABLE track, so I built and installed
(over my 3.1-RELEASE).  Going through the deltas (just out of curiosity),
I found this RELNOTES.TXT (in src-3.0057).  I was concerned that either 1)
I *wasn't* tracking -STABLE, as I had hoped, or 2) the CTM deltas were
corrupted and couldn't be trusted.

Add to this the fact that in my brainfried state this evening I was
unintentionally rebuilding the kernel with the -RELEASE source trees, and
I hope you can understand my concern (and forgive the original post to
ctm-announce).

So: was this a temporal anomaly, or am I tracking a super-secret
3.2-RELEASE? :)  Or, (more likely), is this file intended to be in the
3.1-STABLE dist?

Thanks,

SB