Date:      Fri, 12 Dec 1997 15:29:24 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug Ambrisko <ambrisko@whistle.com>
To:        nate@mt.sri.com (Nate Williams)
Cc:        ambrisko@whistle.com, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Cardbus controller status request / notebook update

Nate Williams writes:
| > I have a CL6832 eval board and needed to add some code (lifted from PAO)
| > to initialize the the port address.
|
| Ted, if you can review this to make sure your computer still works with
| this, I'll commit it to the tree.  Let me know please!
|
| > However, I'm still having trouble
| > with the code in that interrupts don't seem to be working in that I
| > keep getting device timeouts for the ethernet (this happens with PAO and
| > current).
|
| Hmmm...  You're saying the interrupts are correctly registered with the
| devices (you get correct probe information), but the interrupts are
| getting lost?

Yes this is appears to be my problem.  The probe finds the card, attaches
the driver (ed).  When I do an ifconfig I see the ether address but
get a device timeout during pine.  Looking on various web pages from TI in
which they have an explanation of different interrupt methods.  They talk
about a bit that needs to be twitled in order to enable ISA mode interrupts
to happen.  So it is my best guess that interrupts are not happening since
I had the same problem when I had and interrupts problem on my laptop with
TI1130.

I guess my question is, that when booting -v with a 6832 what does the
probe return for the port of the 6832?  On my card it returned 0.  Then
when it set the emulation to work at port 0, it didn't work.  My setup is
a bit odd.  I have a 6832 eval card that goes into a PCI slot.  A cable
goes from this card to an ISA card to trigger ISA interrupts.  Kind-of neat.
Unfortunately I didn't get any programming doc's with this card so I need
to ask for them.  I have a belief that some laptop BIOS's have the code
to set this stuff up so old drivers work with the new chip.  Since, I'm
just using a standard old PC my BIOS doesn't touch it.

Hopefully I get a better kit from TI with better doc.

Doug A.