Date:      Tue, 17 Dec 2002 13:08:29 -0800
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@xcllnt.net>
To:        wu qingbo <wu_qingbo1969@hotmail.com>
Cc:        ia64@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: can freebsd support intel ee870 chipset?

On Tue, Dec 17, 2002 at 07:48:55PM +0800, wu qingbo wrote:
> Hi, all,
>
> I am new to this maillist. I do not know which ia64 machine can freebsd
> support.
> Can freebsd support intel ee870 chipset ia64 machine? If someone knows,
> please give me a reply. Thanks in advance!

[Typo: ee870 should be e8870]

I'm not aware of any existing machines that are based on the E8870
chipset. Given the nature of ia64, I wouldn't be surprised to see
FreeBSD run out of the box on one of those babies or otherwise only
need minimal tweaking to get it to work.

FreeBSD is known to run with the Intel 460GX and the HP zx1 chipsets
(The latter is even less production quality than the former :-)