Date:      Fri, 12 Mar 1999 20:21:35 +1100
From:      Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
To:        root@isis.dynip.com
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Word Perfect Splitting ILLEGAL

On Fri, Mar 12, 1999 at 11:59:32AM +0300, root@isis.dynip.com wrote:

> Can a GREAT soul, fragment it using 'split' utility and put it on some
> ftp site for me.  I am already registered on the WP web, so I am not
> breaking any licences, if you are afraid to put on public ftp, you can
> send me private email to tell me how to get it from your site.

Whoah, that is illegal. You may only collect the file from the Corel
site, and you may not pass it on. If anyone does this for you they
could get into trouble as well as you. But you probably didn't realise.

Unfortunately, no-one here would be in a position to help you with your
request. But there's a way you can get the file yourself if you can FTP
it. The standard FreeBSD FTP client will 'reget' a file that you already
have part of. Check the man page to see how.

Any illegal activity is totally off topic for FreeBSD lists and results
in all parties being barred from using the lists, but in
freebsd-newbies we expect everyone to make some genuine mistakes before
learning all the ropes :-) Many have tripped over WordPerfect before.

You might find someone in freebsd-questions has found a solution to the
same problem. Check the mail archives on the web site.

--

Regards,
        -*Sue*-