Date:      Mon, 8 Jan 1996 02:51:56 -0500 (EST)
From:      James FitzGibbon <james@else.net>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Disposition of unknown PCI ethernet solved

Two quick notes:

1. The PCI Ethernet card (vendor 0x10ec, device 0x8029) that I couldn't
get to work can be added to the database as an NE-2000 compatible.  It
turns out that it is compatible, but that it's default iobase is 0xff80,
and it has no card-related shared memory setup.

2. The visual kernel configuration program caused be half the problems
with this card because it limits iobase entries for the ed0? device to no
more than 0x2000.  Using the command-line config program, it can be set
higher.

(I know, I know, I should be unix-masochistic and forgoe all visual
tools, using ex and grep as my only editing tools.  Nuts to that, if the
visual tool is there, people will use it, and it should be up-to-date
with it's command-line cousin)

j.