Date:      Thu, 11 Feb 1999 10:09:23 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Wayne M. Barnes" <wayne@barnes1.wustl.edu>
Subject:   w

Dear Glen,

    ps and top are okay.
    This broken w comes back quickly if wrongly.  I made my world
and kernel already on the same day.

This w doesn't count the users [which are two at this moment]:

10:07AM  up 1 day, 20:42, 0 users, load averages: 0.06, 0.03, 0.01
USER             TTY      FROM              LOGIN@  IDLE WHAT

FreeBSD barnes1.wustl.edu 3.0-STABLE FreeBSD 3.0-STABLE #0: Tue Feb  9 13:14:45 CST 1999     wayne@barnes1.wustl.edu:/usr/src.3.0-stable/sys/compile/GENEONE  i386

---- Forwarded message from Glen Foster -----

Subject: Re: w

You will find ps and top broken too.

I had this exact same problem and refused to believe that it was
because my kernel and "world" were out of sync until I rebuilt both
from the same set of sources.  I could have sworn that my kernel
was in sync with my user land but it wasn't.

I am sure that you have the same problem.  Just rebuild and install
everything one more time and you will be OK.

Good luck,
Glen Foster <gfoster@gfoster.com>

----- End of forwarded message from Glen Foster -----