Date:      Mon, 20 Sep 1999 18:48:45 -0600
From:      Oscar Bonilla <obonilla@fisicc-ufm.edu>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   The FreeBSD Song Book

while fooling around with my guitar playing some old beatles songs
I wrote the following lyrics... maybe we should start the FreeBSD
song book :)

comments anyone? If i get the time, I'll continue with the rest of the
songs...

The Core Members Of FreeBSD
(Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band)

It was twenty years ago today,
UC Berkeley gave the code away
But they got sued by AT&T
Then disbanded the CSRG.
So may I introduce to you
The folks you've know for all this years,
The Core Members of FreeBSD.
We're the core members of FreeBSD,
We hope you will enjoy the code.
We're the core members of FreeBSD,
Sit back and let the install go.
We are the core members, We are the core members
We are core members of FreeBSD.
It's wonderful to code here, it's certanly a thrill.
It's such a lovely project,
We'd like to give the code away,
We'd like to give it free.
I don't really want to block the code,
But I thought that you might like to know,
That jordan's going to make release,
And he wants you all to be in code freeze.
So let me introduce to you
The one and only jkh
And the core members of FreeBSD.

Free B S D

With A Little Help From The Lists
(A Little Help From My Friends)

What would you think if I patched up your code,
Would you take my commit privs from me.
Lend me your code and I'll make it compile
And I'll try not to make it break style(9)
I get by with a little help from the lists,
I get high with a little help from the lists.
Going to try with a little help from the lists.
What do I do when the kernel won't run
(Does it worry you to see a crash dump)
How do I feel by the end of make world
(Are you sad because it took too long)
No I get by with a little help from the lists,
Have you flamed anybody,
I need somebody to flame.
Could it be anybody
I want somebody to flame.
Would you believe in a patch that breaks style(9),
Yes I'm certain that it happens all the time.
What do you see when you run a traceroute
I can't tell you, but I know its bad
Oh I get by with a little help from the lists
Have you flamed anybody,
I need somebody to flame,
Could it be anybody,
I want somebody to flame.
I get by with a little help from the lists,
Yes I get by with a little help from the lists,
With a little help from the lists.

--
For PGP Public Key: finger obonilla@fisicc-ufm.edu