Date:      Wed, 17 Oct 2001 11:13:46 +1000 (EST)
From:      Carl Makin <carl@xena.ipaustralia.gov.au>
To:        Tom <tom@uniserve.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: I've got those device scanning blues...

Hi Tom,

On Tue, 16 Oct 2001, Tom wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Oct 2001, Carl Makin wrote:

> > embedded PCI interfaces.  This means that everytime I add another disk via
> > the shark, or if I add another PCI scsi card the disks get allocated

>   You probably want to wire your disk down.  You will need to compile this
> into your kernel though, but you can do pre-configure a lot of disks.

Yes, I looked at that.  Annoying to implement and fails if you add or
remove a card.  It's ok if the box is static though.  It would be better
if you could wire down adaptor numbers to pci slots as well.

I've just had another look at the Dell, and it's allocating pci busses 0
and 1 to the slots, and 2 to the embedded interfaces.  Makes it difficult
to be consistant when it does that. <sigh>

Carl.