Date:      Wed, 17 Oct 2001 11:22:57 +1000 (EST)
From:      Carl Makin <carl@xena.ipaustralia.gov.au>
To:        Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>, <msmith@mass.dis.org>
Subject:   Re: I've got those device scanning blues...

Hi Mike,

On Tue, 16 Oct 2001, Mike Smith wrote:

> > Is there a knob I can twiddle to change the scan order?  (Yes I know you

> Not trivially, no.  FreeBSD scans the bus in ascending order,

> Why don't you just wire down your boot device?

I couldn't see a method of wiring the adaptor/scbusN numbering to PCI slot
so that I could be certain I was wiring down the correct device on the
correct adaptor.

I agree though, that in this case wiring down the device to the scbus
would have worked since I'm probably not going to be adding more scsi
cards.

Adding to the wishlist :), It would make life easier if we could tell the
kernel when to scan high to low rather than always low to high.

Thanks!

Carl.