Date:      Mon, 22 Jun 1998 12:02:54 +0930
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        Greg <gpavelcak@philos.umass.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Quake2 and bad system call

> > Hmm.. Do you have shared memory installed on your system?
> If having "options SYSVSHM" in my kernel accomplishes that, then
> the answer is yes.
Hmm.. OK.. Pitty about that because I thought that would be it :)

> -I am just trying to get it working on X11, not GL-Quake.
> -I have tried specifying "+set vid_ref softx", but that didn't help.
> -I updated my -current again recently (Fri. 6/19), but that didn't
> help either. I didn't really think it would.
> -If it helps, while my xterm says "bad system call", the console
> says "/kernel: pid 7517 (quake2), uid 65535: exited on signal 12"
OK... Do you have a sound card in your computer? If you don't, then Q2 won't
work (!) The q2test works fine, but the full game doesn't..

|Daniel O'Connor software and network engineer for Genesis Software |
|http://www.gsoft.com.au                                            |
|The nice thing about standards is that there are so many of them to|
|choose from. -- Andrew Tanenbaum                                   |