Date:      Wed, 10 Feb 1999 09:36:13 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        "John S. Dyson" <dyson@iquest.net>
Cc:        lcremean@tidalwave.net, brett@lariat.org, jkh@zippy.cdrom.com, licia@o-o.org, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   BSD license (was: GPL *again* (was: New CODA release))

On Tuesday,  9 February 1999 at 11:17:20 -0500, John S. Dyson wrote:
> The standard BSD license is already poison pilled.  In fact, it is quite fair
> by requiring attribution.  Just be sure to provide an extra 20-30K of CDROM
> space for attribution. :-).

Whatever came of the UCB/System V lawsuit about attribution?  The
BSD-derived System V sources I've seen don't even have the license in
them.

> One other reason for not publicizing the use of BSD code, is the
> advertisment clause.  That is actually a disadvantage.

It's also vague.  On the one hand you have to state that the code
includes BSD-derived code, on the other hand you can't use it for
advertising.  Where's the distinction?

Greg