Date:      Mon, 25 Nov 1996 18:33:45 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
Cc:        Snob Art Genre <ben@narcissus.ml.org>, "K.J.Koster" <kjk1@ukc.ac.uk>, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: A simple way to crash your system.

> I use it all the time, but I'm *very* careful not to run more than one
> process on the FS, and I unmount the darn thing as soon as I read/write
> the files to the FS.
>
> It works as long as I treat it like fragile china, and not having it
> would be a real setback for me.

I understand this, but you also have to realize that many people don't
understand the fragile china approach (and with justification - how
*would* one generally know?) and it's a real setback to have your UFS
filesystems blown away too. :-)

I'd welcome some compromise solutions, otherwise I think it's simply
too dangerous to advertise, explicitly or implicitly, as a feature.

					Jordan