Date:      Wed, 17 Apr 1996 06:08:01 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        =?KOI8-R?Q?=E1=CE=C4=D2=C5=CA_=FE=C5=D2=CE=CF=D7?= (aka Andrey A. Chernov, Black Mage) <ache@astral.msk.su>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Anyone gotten SpeakFreely to work with FreeBSD-current?

> > P.S. I tried speak freely with this set up and while it at least no
> > longer dies, I still don't get any reasonable speech through sfmike -
> > only clicking on the other end.
>
> You can't test it on signle machine, output discards while you speak
> due to half duplex. Try to use 'echo' reflector on another long-delay
> connected machine, I believe it lives somewhere on fourmilab.ch too.

I didn't test it on a single machine - I tested it by sending to a
friend's machine and having him hold the phone up to his speakers as I
talked! :-)

Could you please upload the speak freely binaries you've gotten to
work (which should also really be ports/audio material!) to
time.cdrom.com and let me know when they're there?  I'll test those
with my machine, just to make sure we're testing same with same.  If
they still fail to work then we'll know that our GUSMAX driver is not
happy with speak freely!

					Jordan