Date:      Sun, 30 Dec 2001 10:27:58 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@village.org>
To:        joe.halpin@attbi.com
Cc:        standards@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Emacs and style(9)

: Eight spaces seems like a lot to me for each indentation level. I
: generally use two spaces though. I guess it's meant to keep you from
: nesting the logic in a function too deply :-).

I have emperical evidence that 2 space indentation styles cause
more complex and harder to maintain code than 8.  But it is a little
weak.

Warner