Date:      Tue, 28 Oct 2008 09:36:15 -0000
From:      "Graham Bentley" <admin@cpcnw.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Seg Fault Action!

Hi All,

I have often wondered what to do if I compile a port and
immediatly after trying to run it I get a seg fault.

In the past I have just tried to find an alternative port
that did the same job, but it has always felt as though I
wasnt trying hard enough.

Yesterday after upgrading all my ports tree I decided to
get printing working and cups / HP stuff all works fine
as does the web gui to cups so I decided to try and
make xpp.

The result is 'Segmentation Fault' - thats it!

How do I go about finding out what caused it and how to
get the program running?

Any tips etc appreciated!