Date:      Sat, 16 Sep 1995 12:55:41 -0500
From:      Jon Loeliger <jdl@chrome.onramp.net>
To:        Didier Derny <didier@aida.org>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: atapi.c and wcd.c missing....

Apparently, Didier Derny scribbled:

> I only have SCSI devices. I consider IDE devices as worthless
> (My personal point of view)

Well, me too.  But *just* above worthless.  I've got *only* IDE
trash here in hand.  I'd love to replace it all with SCSI, but
I dont' have the cash to do so yet...  So, there *is* value in
supplying IDE drivers.  As much as we'd like to, I don't think
we can simply ignore them.  I'd like to see the ATAPI code in
the 2.1 release if possible, and to that end, I've been working
on debugging it some.

jdl