Date:      Wed, 28 Jun 2000 07:55:00 -0700
From:      Edwin Culp <eculp@EnContacto.Net>
To:        Donn Miller <dmmiller@cvzoom.net>
Cc:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>, "current@FreeBSD.ORG" <current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Laptop boot problem in current with GENERIC & GENERIC.hints

Thanks, Warner and Donn.  I have been successfully building a new world and
kernel every day, except with the latest perl problems the last two days.
Today's world is in process and looks like it is going to be successful.
This means that everything is up to date.   I haven't been able to boot any
of the kernels since the configuration changes.  My old kernel.works, as
suggested in the changes email, is keeping me going. I'm beginning to think
about and look for conflicts from very old current stuff that may be
obsolete.  (I've been running current on this machine for two years with a
daily cvsup and make world.)  I am also thinking that this may be processor
specific.  The machine is an older K6-2 at 300 Mhz.

I haven't optimized the compilation.  As I mentioned before, I wish that
were the problem.

Thanks very much for the suggestions and help.