Date:      Wed, 16 Apr 2003 20:17:04 -0700
From:      Claus Assmann <freebsd+stable@esmtp.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: post last sendmail upgrade

On Thu, Apr 17, 2003, Mark.Andrews@isc.org wrote:

> 	I've noticed email corruption post the last upgrade to sendmail
> 	committed to stable.  Is anyone else experiencing this?

What kind of corruption?

You may want to follow the advise in the last sentence:

	To provide partial protection for internal, unpatched MTAs that may be
		performing 7->8 or 8->7 bit MIME conversions, the default
		for MaxMimeHeaderLength has been changed to 2048/1024.
		Note: this does have a performance impact, and it only
		protects against frontal attacks from the outside.
		To disable the checks and return to pre-8.12.9 defaults,
		set MaxMimeHeaderLength to -1/-1.

It seems that the MaxMimeHeaderLength checks remove '\0' under
certain circumstances.