Date:      Tue, 18 May 1999 18:58:50 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk>
To:        Foxfair Hu <foxfair@drago.cert.org.tw>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [RU-DOC] FDP Directory Reorganization

On Tue, May 18, 1999 at 09:57:22AM +0800, Foxfair Hu wrote:
> :             zh_BN.EUC/books/*
>
> It should be "zh_CN.EUC", CN -> China(Mainland of China).

Yep, my typo.

> :                             articles/*
> :             zh_TW.BIG5/books/*
> :                             articles/*
> :and so on instead.

<snip>

>   My suggestion(This is our discussion of  FreeBSD Chinese Doc-Project
>   mailing list, too) is use zh.BIG5 && zh.GB, not zh.EUC. The suffix
>   "GB" stands for GB{_1988-80, _2312-80}(ref : RFC 1345), and the prefix
>   "zh" means "Jung Hua". That's meaningful for us.

So we definitely don't need the "_CN" and "_TW" qualifiers?

I'd be fairly happy to go with this, except for one thing.  If we stick
with the names used in /usr/share/locale/* then the Makefile's can be
a bit smarter, and work out which documentation the user wants to build
based on the contents of $LANG.

    There's some milk in the fridge about to go off. . . and there it goes.