Date:      Wed, 03 Mar 1999 23:19:41 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@iafrica.com>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
Cc:        chuckr@mat.net, freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: AOUT/ELF

On Wed, 03 Mar 1999 14:13:30 MST, Nate Williams wrote:

> I have two copies of the JDK now, one I downloaded earlier this year
> under the 'educational' license, and the one I downloaded here.

I'm a little disappointed about the requirement for an existing
installation of the jdk for bootstrapping.

I presume the jdk out of the ports tree will suffice for this purpose?

Ciao,
Sheldon.

PS: Looking at the makefiles, I shudder to imagine the universe in which
    any OS that isn't solaris must be Wintendo. :-)