Date:      Sun, 9 Jul 2000 03:22:19 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brian Fundakowski Feldman <green@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Chuck Paterson <cp@bsdi.com>
Cc:        Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>, Marius Bendiksen <mbendiks@eunet.no>, Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>, freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Alterations to vops

On Sat, 8 Jul 2000, Chuck Paterson wrote:

> Do you some how know that you are having to fill zero page faults
> from disk?

I am not absolutely certain with regard to faulting data in from disk,
but I am almost certain.  This occurs with many applications that are
too small to be paged out and of course also with ones with huge RSS.
I haven't tried to mlock everything to be certain; is there any way
to make all of a process's memory space wired?  I don't know of one :-/