Date:      Mon, 25 Nov 1996 21:23:43 -0600 (CST)
From:      Joe Greco <jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com>
To:        dkelly@hiwaay.net (David Kelly)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Holy Moley Batman... I love ccd.  and BTW, if you need 4gb d

> Building the internal SCSI cable isn't going to be too hard but the
> power routing looks like it could be a disaster if I try to do it
> the easy way and buy bunches of 1-in-2-out power splitters. Have
> seen insulation-displacement style floppy/hard drive power
> connectors on some systems lately but haven't found a source. It
> would be pretty easy to run a power bus with those power connectors
> pressed on at each hard drive, much like the 50 pin connector on
> ribbon cable for SCSI.
>
> Anybody know of a source of these power connectors?

I think DigiKey.

But you do NOT want to do this, I think!

I strongly suspect that you will find that the voltage at the end
of your "power bus" will be sufficiently less than the power you are
feeding into it...  you would be better off getting a bunch of old
power supply leads, connecting them all to a 4 pole barrier strip,
and feeding them that way.

I am sure someone will tell me I am wrong  ;-)

... JG