Date:      Tue, 2 Jul 2002 16:56:24 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Dmitry Sivachenko <demon@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-bugbusters@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: 2 questions

--cNdxnHkX5QqsyA0e

On 2002-07-02 17:48 +0000, Dmitry Sivachenko wrote:
> 2) When I changed the state of a PR open->feedback, vi was launched to edit
> the change reason.  When I exited vi with :w! (without saving), state was
> changed without the appropriate message.  Is it possible to abort changing
> the state when quitting with :w!

If you really did :w! then you did save the buffer.  To quit without
saving you'll have to use :q! instead.  This will still attempt to
refile the PR if you have previously written the buffer out though, as
shown below:

	% edit-pr 19760
	[ vi fires up ]
	[ change something ]
	:w
	[ change something else ]
	:q!

The PR will still be refiled with the first changes that you saved!

--cNdxnHkX5QqsyA0e

--cNdxnHkX5QqsyA0e--