Date:      Wed, 26 Dec 2007 21:10:09 +0100
From:      Peter Boosten <peter@boosten.org>
To:        Kurt Buff <kurt.buff@gmail.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Browser-based VPN?

Quoting Kurt Buff <kurt.buff@gmail.com>:

> Cool.
>
> Got any notes from your install process, or can you identify where  =20
> it got hairy?

The main 'problem' is that the installation cannot be automated, since =20
you have to download the java jdk manually (because of the licensing).

If you install diablo-jdk and apache-ant from ports you'll be in the =20
right direction. I cannot remember if I had to install anything else, =20
but that'll show automatically.

I installed ssl-explorer in /usr/local, left the name of the directory =20
like the ones from the zip and created a link to the directory like =20
this:

lrwxr-xr-x   1 root  wheel     23 Dec 13 07:48 sslexplorer -> =20
sslexplorer-1.0.0_RC11/
drwxr-xr-x  23 root  wheel   1024 Dec 13 07:48 sslexplorer-1.0.0_RC11

That's make upgrading easier. I started of at RC3, and today downloaded RC12=
.

Initial installation is done via 'ant install' in the main sslexplorer =20
directory (there's a sslexplorer subdir underneath), and sslexplorer =20
then will listen on some exotic port (which I found by accident), I =20
think it's 10080, but netstat will show. After configuring, 'ant =20
start' will start sslexplorer on the port of your settings. Especially =20
cool is the java rdp client!

Peter

--=20
http://www.boosten.org