Date:      Wed, 19 Apr 1995 09:57:13 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        peter@nmti.com
Cc:        jkh@freefall.cdrom.com, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Help! Pinnacle Micro Recordable CD!

> AIEEEEEEEEEE!
>
> Our hardware guy just dropped this off on me, along with the comment "I guess
> we should have asked you before buying this".
>
> No kidding. It looks irretreivably DOS/Windows-ish.
>
> Any way to use FreeBSD or something similar to hook this up to a real O/S,
> or will we have to add this to the growing collection of dedicated Windows
> boxes collecting like DDT high in the corporate food chain?

The code is green yet, but we do now have /sys/scsi/worm.c:

/*
 * worm: Write Once device driver
 *
 * Copyright (C) 1995, HD Associates, Inc.
 * PO Box 276
 * Pepperell, MA 01463
 * 508 433 5266
 * dufault@hda.com
 *
 * This code is contributed to the University of California at Berkeley:
/* XXX This is PRELIMINARY.
 *

It was specifically added for Jordan, but since it is so hard for him
to pull one of the Production CDR drives away I doubt it has had much
test time on it.

The person to talk to about the code is Peter Default, email address
is above.