Date:      Wed, 25 Jul 2001 01:07:41 +0200
From:      alex <ml-freebsd-stable@phobgate.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD needs to awake and come out of SERVER only market!

Hi,

i'm very, very happy that the FreeBSD (and other *BSD developers) take more
time to make their OS more stable (and secure) than 'faster'. Thanks!!!!
I've 18 Boxes running FreeBSD and 3 running WinNT, guess which boxes i have
to reset or kill / restart processes more often? The only 3 WinNT boxes
more often than all the 18 FreeBSD boxes together! I hate it when in the
middle of the night my pager rings me, cause something hangs in the network.
But WinNT is a very nice desktop os, now i use Win2000 which is very nice
as a desktop os too. Lots of handy tools and that stuff. In ~90% something
that has more usability it is more stable and/or secure. Thats a fact,
sorry.
I work ~70-80 hours a week and i that's why i need stability and a reliable
os. i really don't want to spend more time here @work :)

Alex

--On Dienstag, 24. Juli 2001 18:40 -0400 Sung Nae Cho