Date:      Mon, 25 Nov 1996 22:51:34 -0500
From:      "Louis A. Mamakos" <louie@TransSys.COM>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, Snob Art Genre <ben@narcissus.ml.org>, "K.J.Koster" <kjk1@ukc.ac.uk>, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: A simple way to crash your system.

> I use it all the time, but I'm *very* careful not to run more than one
> process on the FS, and I unmount the darn thing as soon as I read/write
> the files to the FS.

Yes, I use msdosfs quite a bit, but with the FS mounted read-only.  It
seems less likely to cause difficulties in that mode, and generally
seems to be OK.

> It works as long as I treat it like fragile china, and not having it
> would be a real setback for me.

Yeah, same here.  It's certainly more convienient than the standalone
dos file system tools for stuff I'm using it for.  Perhaps it should
"somehow" default to read-only usage?

louie