Date:      Mon, 14 Apr 1997 17:11:17 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, jbryant@tfs.net, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: question about X.25 drivers

> > Again, the existing X.25 code did not change, FreeBSD did.  It is not
> > the code which is unusable by FreeBSD, it is FreeBSD which i incapable
> > of using the code.
>
> Yeah, sure.  As usual, you fail to distinguish between the practical
> realities and your idealized vision of How It Should Be(tm).

On the contrary, I not only make the distinction, I note the magnitude
of the dicrepancy.

I still disagree with your definition of "practical reality", by the
way: it's nothing more than a cop out.

> If nobody actively maintains X.25 then it dies, period.

Who is actively maintaining "more"?  Should it die and go away?   8-).

> There are no Code Police to ensure that anything that anyone does
> will not break something in the farthest-flung corners of the system
> and there aren't likely to be anytime soon.

Well, that's a damn shame.  Commrecial organizations have them, and
so does Linux...

> Your point, as usual, is more or less correct but fundamentally
> useless.  You must be a mathematician or something. :-)

Physicist; far more practical than mathematicians.

					Regards,
					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---