Date:      Thu, 25 Mar 1999 14:02:22 -0600
From:      "Alton, Matthew" <Matthew.Alton@anheuser-busch.com>
To:        "'Luoqi Chen'" <luoqi@watermarkgroup.com>, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Apple's Open Source Projects

It's Mach 2.5 + many BSD utilities + a new Apple license header on each file.
They took already-free-ware and restricted it a bit (or not depending on whether
you're Bruce Perens or Open Source Initiative).  I think it's probably a Good
Thing.
I'm surprised that commercial-land has come even this far this fast.
The MacOS GUI is not there, however.  I imagine it's a sort of NextStep without
4.3BSD license issues minus the heinous coherent C hooks.