Date:      Fri, 10 Oct 1997 21:17:21 +0000
From:      Gary Jennejohn <garyj@peedub.muc.de>
To:        Jean-Marc Zucconi <jmz@cabri.obs-besancon.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: twin 3.1.0

Jean-Marc Zucconi writes:

>Did someone succeeded to compile twin 3.1.0? I don't know what to to do
>with the following error:
>
>rm -f ExecUtl.s
>gcc -fwritable-strings -fPIC  -I/u5/twin/3.1.0/include -I. -I/usr/X11R6/includ
> -DDEBUG -DTRACE -I/usr/X11R6/include     -E ExecUtl.S > ExecUtl.s
>gcc -fwritable-strings -fPIC  -I/u5/twin/3.1.0/include -I. -I/usr/X11R6/includ
> -DDEBUG -DTRACE -I/usr/X11R6/include     -c ExecUtl.s
>ExecUtl.S: Assembler messages:
>ExecUtl.S:647: Error: Local symbol LDT never defined.
>ExecUtl.S:647: Error: Local symbol LogProcName never defined.
>ExecUtl.S:647: Fatal error:2 errors, 0 warnings, no object file generated.
>
>*** Error code 1

is that crap still in there ?!?

IIRC from the abortive effort of last year, you have to go in and heavily
hack ExecUtl.s to use the LDT. Too bad I recently threw away everything I
did on willows last year, or I'd send you what I had. It was just wasting
valuable disk space.

At one time all the stuff which was done on willows for FreeBSD was
available on the willoes ftp server. Maybe it's still there ? Or maybe
one of the other people who was involved in willows kept everything and
can help you out.

If worse comes to worst you can probably figure out what to do. It isn't
rocket science and wasn't all that difficult.

---
Gary Jennejohn
Home - garyj@muc.de
Work - gjennejohn@frt.dec.com