Date:      Mon, 04 Jun 2001 14:35:53 -0800
From:      Brian Raynes <brian_raynes@dnr.state.ak.us>
To:        Ben_Calvert@amsinc.com, freebsd newbies <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Gnome vs. KDE

Ben_Calvert@amsinc.com wrote:

> Brian wrote:
>
> >My personal advice, take it or leave it, would be to look at the
> >different apps that are built especially for KDE and GNOME and decide
> >which system has the most useful ones for you.
>
> actually, as long as you've got the harddrive space, the applications run just
> fine in each other's enviroment.  you end up with a lot of extra libs, but gnome
> apps run fine in kde, and vice versa.  ( i've had a couple of promlems with
> cutting/pasting between apps, but not in a while).

Yes, that's why I said that in the previous paragraph:

"My only conclusion was that if I had the drive space of a
newer computer (I don't), I would try to have both installed."

He seemed to want to choose between them, though.  I guess there is a
sizable, mostly silent, group that advocates using both.  Perhaps the
best choice, if you can handle the space requirements.

Brian Raynes