Date:      Sat, 3 Jan 1998 23:25:56 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Brann <jbrann@brann.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems with sound card

Hi,

I have an ancient SoundBlaster Pro in my machine.  Under older releases
of FreeBSD I have run nas successfully.  Under 2.2.5 nas runs, but only
with '.au' files.  All other types result in a variety of unpleasant
noises.  Even '.au' files have one unwanted effect - after playing the sound
there is a pause of about 5 seconds before the client program terminates.

I'd like to give up nas, so that I can get sound from Netscape.

Any ideas?

TIA

John
--
Prohibit work, prohibit pay - people are dying!
			Situationist International slogan

finger jbrann@doorman.brann.org for pgp public key