Date:      Mon, 05 Jan 1998 12:33:44 -0800
From:      Gopakumar H Pillai <gopu@global.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Apache Proxy Setup

Hi,
This question is not regarding FreeBSD.

I have a web server Apache 1.2.4 running on a FreeBSD machine. Its in
the intranet and acts as a proxy caching server to the firewall machine.

HTTP is proxied properly. FTP is not. I can log in and browse the FTP
site but can't download any binary file. There seems to be some problem
with the Mime type configuration and hence the binary files are
considered as text files. Any one has a work around?

HTTPS also is not proxied. I know that there is a patch available for
including SSL in Apache. But I need to only proxy and adding this patch
and compiling SSL is a tedious and confusing process. Is there any way I
can proxy https://* to a specified machine with having to add SSL to
Apache?

Thanks in advance
--