Date:      Mon, 22 Jan 2001 01:58:20 EST
From:      GLOBALLINK2001@aol.com
To:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD vs linux (some venting)

Sir what you describe is a problem of your own, not of FreeBSD's
> My frustration with OS doesnt end there, FBSD has proven to have it's draw
back's as well.  Namely my
>current lack of sucess in getting my internet connection up and running,
along with my Xwin looking weird
>and me not being able to play my music CD in Xwin (something about
permissions).

The fact that you can not figure out how to get your internet connection
working is not a drawback of freebsd sir. i can point you to many many
documents describing how to get an internet connection in freebsd for example:
http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/handbook.html
you will find a very nice section on setting up ppp etc, and if you are
setting up dsl/cable there is much documention at:
http://www.freebsddiary.org
if you think freebsd lacks documentation go to
http://www.google.com
and type in "freebsd" and hit enter you will see the opposite is true
thank you sir