Date:      Mon, 6 Sep 1999 21:03:32 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To:        Tim Vanderhoek <vanderh@ecf.utoronto.ca>
Cc:        Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>, David Stein <dstein@mediaone.net>, freebsd-doc@freebsd.org, grog@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Suggestion - List IRC resources

On Sun, Sep 05, 1999 at 09:57:27PM -0400, Tim Vanderhoek wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 04, 1999 at 11:47:44PM +0100, Nik Clayton wrote:
> > If you've got some appropriate text that you'd like to see added (along,
> > maybe, with links to useful places for someone who's likely to be new to
>
> Do not add any text on IRC.

How about

    Internet Relay Chat

    IRC is not for the novice, and you should not try and use it for
    technical support.  However, on the FreeBSD channels you are likely
    to find other people who run FreeBSD, and you are welcome to talk
    about whatever you want.  In this respect it is a lot like the
    -chat mailing list, where 'off topic' discussion is allowed.

    See _the FAQ_ for more information about the channels that FreeBSD
    users are likely to frequent.  But remember, asking technical
    questions on these channels is likely to get you strongly flamed.  Be
    sure you understand the conventions first.

?

The only problem I have with this is putting it on a page that's labelled
'Support'.

 [intentional self-reference] can be easily accommodated using a blessed,
 non-self-referential dummy head-node whose own object destructor severs
 the links.
    -- Tom Christiansen in <375143b5@cs.colorado.edu>