Date:      Thu, 27 Jun 2002 13:25:01 -0700
From:      Johnson David <djohnson@acuson.com>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>, James Michael DuPont <mdupont777@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Stallman stalls again

On Thursday 27 June 2002 12:55 pm, Terry Lambert wrote:

> Frankly, the posting of a private communication like this is bad
> "nettiquite", and I rather expect that RMS wished that it had
> not been published, since it demonstrates a distinction between
> private and publically held positions with regard to liberty vs.
> freedom.

This private communication is the heart of the whole matter. It may be against
netiquette, but it seems to me to be quite necessary given the situation. The
public writings of RMS are quite clear that information should never be
suppressed. Yet here is a letter from RMS urging information suppression.

David