Date:      Mon, 25 Nov 1996 21:13:27 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Kjell E Grotland <kegrotla@korrnet.org>
Cc:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IBM 57SLC

In message
<Pine.GSO.3.95.961125195520.29495A-100000@clarion.korrnet.org> Kjell E
Grotland writes:
:       That sounds a bit more paperwork than it might be worth. Ill have to
: maybe look into finding an older machine with PCI on it but i definitly
: want to run it on one of my machines. Also would it b possible to sett up
: an emutlation of parallel processing running FreeBSD, i mean partitioning
: out the job load so that one machine runs s part of a, lets say graphics
: program, job while another machine runs another job. Sorry about that bad
: explanetion but its been a while. I just remember seeing it done on some
: unix machines.

I think so, but I'm not at all sure.  I believe that there were some
simulation ports checked in recently.  Also, there is on going work
with a thread safe and threading libc.  Finally, SMP, symetric
multi-processing, is an on going project that is likely to be merged
into the main line sources shortly.  I'm not sure which of these you
are talking about, if any, but FreeBSD has these features on the
horizon or in the system.

Warner