Date:      Sat, 13 Apr 2002 21:21:10 +0200
From:      Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@yahoo.com>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: noone

Terry Lambert wrote:
> > http://uk.my.yahoo.com
>
> As long as you are using a "free" mail service, you are going
> to pay for it by including their signature on what you post.
>
> They do that so you advertise for them, and so that when you
> SPAM from your free mail account, they can bar you from ever
> getting one legally again.

There's one way around: send your outgoing mail through your ISP's
smtp server, as I'm doing now, while continuing to specify your
address as the yahoo one.

With yahoo, there's another way around: pay.  (You also get pop
and mail forwarding services then.)  However, given their recent
resetting of marketing preferences to "yes" for all their customers,
I'm not sure it's a good idea to patronize them (even if they do run
FreeBSD).

- Rahul

--
This is not a Yahoo signature.