Date:      Sun, 10 Aug 2014 14:29:49 +0200
From:      =?UTF-8?B?SmFuIEtva2Vtw7xsbGVy?= <jan.kokemueller@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Cc:        jrm@ftfl.ca
Subject:   Re: OpenGL with the new Intel KMS driver

Hi,

> err:winediag:X11DRV_WineGL_InitOpenglInfo The Mesa OpenGL driver is
> using software rendering, most likely your 32-bit OpenGL drivers haven't
> been installed correctly (using GL renderer "Software Rasterizer",
> version "2.1 Mesa 7.6.1").

Do you use FreeBSD 10 amd64 with new Xorg packages? The binary package
of i386-wine-devel for FreeBSD 10 uses old 32-bit Mesa libraries which
do not work well when the new 64-bit Mesa libraries are installed. Can
you try to install the i386-wine-devel package for FreeBSD 11:

http://pkg.freebsd.org/freebsd:11:x86:64/latest/All/i386-wine-devel-1.7.23,1.txz

Deinstall the old one and use "pkg add -f i386-wine-devel-1.7.23,1.txz"
to install the new one. This package bundles newer 32-bit Mesa
libraries. Acceleration works well on my FreeBSD 10-STABLE system.

If it still won't work, try to run a simple 3D program with

$ LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose wine foo.exe

…and look for clues in the output.

I also need the line "/usr/local/lib  /usr/local/lib32" in my
/etc/libmap32.conf and run "service ldconfig restart" so that wine picks
up the 32-bit libraries. I'm not sure if this is still needed.