Date:      Wed, 3 Dec 1997 19:47:57 +1100 (EDT)
From:      Darren Reed <avalon@coombs.anu.edu.au>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Using devfs in 2.2.1

Hmmm, I've been playing with devfs and LKM's in 2.2.1...

First, devfs isn't dynamic (yet) ?  If I load an LKM after devfs has
been mounted and it loads things into devfs, they don't show up in the
mounted directory.

If I load the LKM and then mount devfs, voila, they're there.

I assume there is/will-be a rigth and wrong way to do this, but if I
umount /devfs and then try to modunload, I get a panic in devfs_remove_dev().

Am I doing anything bad here ?  Will 2.2.5 fix this ?

Darren