Date:      Tue, 29 Apr 2003 15:00:33 -0700
From:      Johnson David <DavidJohnson@Siemens.com>
To:        Ricardo <ricardo@mac.za.net>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: former linux user

On Wednesday 09 April 2003 02:10 pm, Ricardo wrote:
> > This list isn't really for technical questions.  This is more for
> > newcomers to discuss their experiences with FreeBSD, the pitfalls
> > they ran into, the helpful sites/people they've found, and so on.
> > For technical questions, you'd use the FreeBSD-Questions list.
>
> Thank you to all who contributed! I'm all sorted out right now (for
> now)! Where does one ask stupid newbie questions then? I really
> thought this was the list for it!

Note that I answered your questions by telling you where to look in the
documentation, instead of giving you specific technical answers. If you
want specific technical answers, ask at freebsd-questions. But try to
do some research on your own first, like reading the docs, googling,
etc. The people on -questions can spot those who haven't bothered to
read the handbook a mile away...

The reason why this list isn't for technical questions, is because this
list is populated by newbies. Do you really want your technical
question answered by someone who doesn't know any more about it than
you? Of course not! So ask your technical questions in the group where
all the experts hang out.

David