Date:      Fri, 14 Dec 2001 11:58:37 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Andrew McKay <andy@openirc.co.uk>
To:        darklogik@pittgoth.com
Cc:        Hiten Pandya <hitmaster2k@yahoo.com>, doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: docs/31607: /etc/ppp/pap-secrets needs IP field, which is not listed  as mandatory

On Thu, 13 Dec 2001 darklogik@pittgoth.com wrote:

> One question, I thought if you didn't need to force an IP you should
> set that to 0.0.0.0, but I may be incorrect as its been awhile since
> last I used PPP.  Let me know what you think pls

iirc, if the ISP won't allow you to force an IP then it doesn't matter
what goes there.  I think it either goes:

'I'd like this IP please' 'OK then. Here you are'

or:

'I'd like this IP please' 'Well you can't have it. Have this one instead'

I may be wide of the mark because it has been a LONG while since I needed
to touch a pap-secrets file but this has always been my understanding of
it.

--
Andrew McKay <andy@openirc.co.uk>