Date:      Sun, 26 Aug 2001 23:28:41 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Walter Betancourt <walt@betan.com>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: re

From: Walter Betancourt <walt@betan.com>
Subject: re
Date: Sat, Aug 25, 2001 at 04:31:36PM -0400

> Well I just have to say that if there wasn't Windows we would all be years
> ahead in computer technology.

That's false too.  The only thing you can say about such hypotheses is
that we would all be *different*.  Ahead or back, is not easy to infer
unless you prove that everything would be in a state B, and clearly
describe that state.

Yes, this sounds like am being in support of Microsoft here, but
unless your opinions to be called 'biased' you have to admit that
Microsoft has not done only evil things.  A lot of the 'average users'
find Windows more appealing and easier to install and use.  Having an
operating system that is easy to use (or at least is `considered' by
many people to be easy), is a Good Thing(TM); it makes more and more
people use a computer, and brings people that would otherwise probably
stay away from computers to the advantages of such things as Internet
can give (e-mail, and the web, are two of the most important ones).

Do not be biased.  It isn't a good thing to be fanatic about Windows,
and it is not a good thing to be fanatic against Windows either.

-giorgos