Date:      Thu, 30 Nov 2000 20:39:03 +0100
From:      Alexander.Farber@t-online.de (Alexander Farber)
To:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   How to use 2 channels on sundays?

Hi guys,

I am using i4b with OpenBSD 2.8, USR Sportser ISA ISDN-card
and userland ppp and it works okay (after I spent 3 weeks)...

Since I have the german Telekom flatrate and the ISDN-xxl
(which means that phone calls on sundays are freeeee), I'd
like to use both ISDN-channels on sundays. How do I do it?
I haven't found it in the i4b-documentation, "man isdnd"
and "man isdnd.rc" yet.

The second question is: if I let my computer running all
the time, how would you handle it? Would you setup a cron
job which kills the isdnd at 23:59 on saturdays and sundays
or is there some nicer way?

Thank you!
Alex

Here is my /etc/ppp/ppp.conf

default:
 set device /dev/i4brbch0
 set speed sync
 set login
 set hangup
 add! default HISADDR

uni:
 set authname XXX
 set authkey XXX
 set phone 88721

ton:
 set authname XXX
 set authkey XXX
 set phone 0191011

Here is my /etc/isdn/isdnd.rc

system

# accounting
# ----------

acctall         = on                    # generate info for everything
acctfile        = /var/log/isdnd.acct   # name & location of accounting file
useacctfile     = yes                   # generate accouting info to file

# monitor
# -------

monitor-allowed = off                   # global switch: monitor on/off

# realtime priority section
# -------------------------

rtprio          = 25                    # modify isdnd's process priority

#==============================================================================
# example of a configuration file for the isdn daemon and userland ppp.
# (see the ppp setup examples in i4b's user-ppp dir and FAQ item 22 !)
#==============================================================================
entry
name                    = uppp0         # name of entry
usrdevicename           = rbch          # use the raw b channel access device
usrdeviceunit           = 0             # unit 0
isdncontroller          = 0             # use isdn controller 0
isdnchannel             = -1            # use any channel on this controller
local-phone-incoming    = 123456789
remote-phone-incoming   = *
local-phone-dialout     = 123456789
remote-phone-dialout    = *             # ppp(8) will override this
remdial-handling        = first
dialin-reaction         = ignore        # no dialins allowed
dialout-type            = normal
b1protocol              = hdlc          # b channel layer 1 protocol
idletime-incoming       = 0             # Should be larger than ppps timeout
idletime-outgoing       = 0             # Should be larger than ppps timeout
ratetype                = 0
unitlength              = 90
unitlengthsrc           = rate
dialretries             = 1